… as there are so many cool developments going on in American airports…
While we thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful change of weather from cool Copenhagen to the beautiful conference building in San Diego, what really gets us up in the air is the major change and innovation currently taking place in many US airports.
San Diego Conference Center
- Most airports experience rapid growth in passenger numbers
- Every other airport is revamping old support buildings, expanding the runway or retail areas or completely knocking down the old terminals and building new
- Several airports are developing automated passenger flows from check in over security and gates to customs – which is also necessary as passing through US airports is time consuming without the benefit of cash generating shopping time
- Many airports are eager to cater more for the passengers and new passenger segments by expanding the commercial offerings. Some are experimenting with more innovative business models like food delivery, relaxing lounge areas, VIP services and many more initiatives.
… and yet there is so much to do in terms of customer experience and operational optimization…
- Assist more US airports to track and continuously improve the customer experience from entry to return for their customers (we really need to call them customers and not passengers when making the change from a public utility to a modern business model) like their European and Asian best in class cousins do
- Help more US airports identify and remove flow bottlenecks on their transport platform despite serving millions of customers every year such as customizing service, security and customs staff to peak and valley hours (which in a cost neutral way can drive satisfaction up and in turn increase the spend per head)
- So that more US airports can realize the maximum potential of revenue coming from non- aeronautical income streams such as retail, food & beverage, real estate and parking.
There was someone present who knows how to improve customer experience and flow
Contact one of Epinion’s aviation experts today (email@example.com) to discuss your needs further and learn more about our service portfolio or read more about our aviation solutions at www.epinionglobal.com